BorntoGame::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer

Go down

Warhammer Empty Warhammer

Post  rick Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 pm

as user of this forum you may have noticed there is a user group called warhammer. and for the people who have read my profile they could have read there to that i like Warhammer fantasy. but what exactly is warhammer?

first of all there are 2 games of warhammer. the first is warhammer fantasy which takes place in a world of fantasy battles filled with the greatest dragons, the meanest orcs, the braves knights and much more. the other game is warhammer 40k, a game in the year 40.000. in warhammer 40k different alliën races and robots are battling at each other in fierce wars. warhammer is owned and produced by games workshop.

since this is a game forum and warhammer is a game i thought of posting an article about it so everyone knows something of it.

i myself only play warhammer fantasy( my army choise is orcs and goblins and shall explain what the hobby is about. the game is played with alot of dices and miniatures. first you need to build and paint an army. there are various races you can choose from, from noble knights called the brettonians to battle hungry orcs and goblins, or even Daemons of chaos.(visit www.games-workshop.com to seethe other armies)

an army excists of various units and creatures. if you buy a unit of something you'll see that the miniatures are not atatched and also are not painted. you have to do this yourself.

ok so lets start with removing them from the sprues
Warhammer Snc10724 these are some sprues, i dont have full ones at the moment but they are usually filled with legs heads bodys arms weapons etc.

first of all you have to glue them together. you get more then enough pieces to make the unit and you have alot of choice to make the unit to your wish.
Warhammer Snc10725 my working place, its a bit messy as i have not got much room, i am going to buy a table or a desk soon.

after you have assembled them you have to fully paint them black or white(this is called priming).

after that lot of work you can start painting this small miniatures. this takes alot of paints.
Warhammer Snc10726Warhammer Snc10727
these fotos show you some of my paints and other stuff and the second one is a close up from some miniatures that are done and one in progress.

after that they are done, you may want to get a movement tray because units in warhammer fantasy are bloks of miniatures(some times as few as 1-5 but sometimes as much as 20-40) and you dont want to move them one at a time. i stil need to buy movement trays, i borrow them from a buddy when i need them now...
Warhammer Snc10728
a unit if 20 night goblins, 2 heroes and a troll(which is unpainted and primed white so its hard to seeXD). ignore the mess in the background, i had just returned from a fierce war between dark elves and my orcs & goblins.

how the game works? thats really hard to explain as the game is not weasy and it has lots of rules, maybe i make a notrep(a battle report which beginners learn the game from) and give it to rob to post it on the youtube channal.

i hope this explained it a bit!
rick
rick
Yoshi

http://wcaonline.nl(not my site)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum